Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Rancourtandcompany.com. Please take a moment to review our terms and conditions.
Our Ready Made collection endeavors to offer our customers our most popular sizes and styles in a flexible agreement.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase you have the right to return the unworn pair of shoes within 10 days of receiving the item for a refund or store credit. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Please submit an RMA request HERE before you return the shoes so we can provide a prepaid shipping label (for US customers only) and a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number that you must include in the package. There is no re-stocking fee.
If you would like to exchange your shoes for a different size or style of shoe, please submit an RMA request HERE within 10 days of receiving the item to receive a pre-paid shipping label (for US customers only) and an RMA that you must include in the package.
MADE TO ORDER
Our Made to Order collection provides a wide range of options at a more affordable price than custom shoes. Each pair will be made upon receipt of order and shipped in approximately three to four weeks
With our Made to Order collection, Exchanges can be made or we can issue store credit only. No Refunds. We strongly recommend using our Made to Fit program before placing your order. When you receive your shoes, please try them on indoor on a carpeted surface to check if the fit is correct. In cases of the shoes being too tight, we may be able to re-last or stretch the shoes to the proper size and it will be determined by Rancourt & Co. whether we will stretch the shoes or craft a new pair. If you wish to exchange or return your shoes for store credit, please submit an RMA request HERE, we will issue a return merchandise authorization number to include in your package and a prepaid return label (for US customers only). We do not issue refunds.
Our Custom Made collection allows you to be the designer.
Customized shoes, i.e. shoes that have been changed from the original model as pictured on our site cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason whatsoever. We strongly recommend using our Made to Fit program before placing your order. If the shoes are too tight we would be happy to stretch or re-last the shoes for you but you will be responsible for paying for the return postage. If you experience heel slippage, we recommend trying tongue pads and heel grips which can be purchased at shoe stores or on the internet.
We stress that any shoes ordered through our Custom Made program cannot be returned or exchanged.
BELTS, BAGS & OTHER ACCESSORIES
All items must be returned in NEW condition within 10 business days, please submit an RMA request HERE. There is no re-stocking fee.
If, during the course of normal wear, your shoes become defective, please contact us and we will find a way to resolve the defect either by repairing or replacing the shoes. We do not issue refunds.
Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. If you receive a Rancourt & Co. package that appears damaged to the extent that the goods inside may be damaged, please refuse the delivery and inform the courier immediately. It is your responsibility to follow up with the courier to be reimbursed for damaged goods
Address Return packages to:
Rancourt & Co.
9 Bridge Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
We recommend shipping your return with a service that provides package tracking to avoid delays. We recommend that you insure your package appropriately.
MADE TO FIT
In Order to receive two pair of Rancourt & Co. fit test shoes, you must agree to the following terms:
Important note: The Made to Fit (MTF) gift certificate cannot be used on a Ready Made collection order. If you plan to order from our Ready Made collection, please measure your feet with our sizing guide and place your order for that size. If you have any questions, please contact us at 855-999-3544.
- Please select two different sizes to try, we recommend using past experience and our online sizing guide to help determine which sizes you should request. Ex. size 9D and 9.5D, or size 9D and 9E. (Note: we will only ship our special MTF sample shoes as pictured. We will not ship a style of your choosing.)
- Provide your credit card number as indemnity.
- You will be charged $50 to cover shipping and processing costs. In addition, a gift certificate will be included in the package for $50 off of your next order. The gift certificate cannot be used on shoes from our Ready Made collection.
- We will ship the two pairs of shoes you selected within one business day by FedEx ground, given that the sizes selected are available. If the sizes are unavailable you may have to wait up to one week before we ship the shoes.
- When you receive the shoes, you agree to try them on indoors, on a carpeted surface and ship them back to us within 48 hours. If you do not ship them back to us within 48 hours we will charge your credit card for the full retail value of the shoes, $250.
- Note: we will be notified by email when you drop-off your package at a FedEx location, if this happens within 48 hours you will not be charged. However, if you are charged due to a late-return, you will be fully refunded when we receive the shoes in good condition.
- Please do not wear the shoes outdoors or on rough surfaces. If we receive the shoes and find that they are in worse condition then when you took possession of them, you will be charged a replacement / reconditioning fee of $125.
- Since all of our handsewn shoe styles are engineered to fit similarly, you should order the size and width that best fit you in the MTF shoes in ALL Rancourt & Co. handsewn shoes. We understand that lace-up shoes like boat shoes and ranger-mocs will fit differently than a MTF loafer, but we are confident that you should order the same size and width as the shoes that you tested.
- Included in the package will be a prepaid FedEx Ground return label. When you are finished trying the shoes, please replace them in the original packaging and adhere the return label to the box. You can drop the package off at any shipping location that accepts prepaid FedEx packages. We recommend FedEx Office.
- When we receive the shoes in good condition, your credit card number will be destroyed and we will notify you via email that we have received the shoes.
- If you decide that you would like to try additional sizes you will be responsible for paying for shipping charges both ways. We do not include additional rounds of fit testing in our MTF program. We will not issue another $50 gift certificate if you decide to try another round of sizes.
- Please keep in mind that fit varies based on numerous factors. These include: the style of shoe, the type of leather that the shoes are made from, the type of sole on the shoes, the time of day when you are trying, the type of socks you're wearing or if you try with bare feet. We cannot promise that the shoes you order will fit exactly like the MTF shoes but we are confident that the size and width that fit you best in the MTF shoes will serve you well in all of our handsewn collection.
Our goal is to deliver your order as quickly as possible. All orders are shipped on business days (Monday through Friday) excluding holidays. International delivery is available for all orders, if you have questions please call us at 855-999-3544 or email us at email@example.com.
When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this website. All purchases from this website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from this website pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of www.rancourtandcompany.com is governed by these terms and conditions; please take a few minutes to review them. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to follow these rules and to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, please do not use the www.rancourtandcompany.com website.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE
We reserve the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Your use of www.rancourtandcompany.com following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed. For this reason, we encourage you to review these terms and conditions whenever you use this website.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Rancourt & Co., Rancourt and Company, Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters and www.rancourtandcompany.com are all property of Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters, Inc. All trademarks, images, graphics, text and other content are protected by worldwide copyright and other intellectual property laws, treaties and protections. You may not download (except as invited), or reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, transfer, sell or modify any portion of this site without express written authorization from Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters, Inc.
To place orders from our website and to receive announcements and other information from us via email, you must create an account on our website. During the ordering process, we obtain billing, mailing and other information to better serve you as a customer. This information is required in order to shop from our website.
You may edit or update your online account information at any time by logging in and modifying your account. You may also contact us by telephone at 207-782-1577 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
During account set up, you are given the option to receive mailings for special offers and/or email notices of special web offers. You may request at any time to be taken off the email list by unsubscribing through one of our emails.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive phone or email contact from us or our shipping provider with information regarding orders they have placed online.
At no time is our customer information shared with other companies or entities for any reason.
This website takes every precaution to protect our customer and user information. We have appropriate security measures in place on the website to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of any information that we have collected from you at our site.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
From time to time, this website may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by Rancourt & Co. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this website. Rancourt & Co. is not responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other website. Rancourt & Co. does not endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other website, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from such websites, or the results that you may obtain from using such websites. If you decide to access any other website linked to or from this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, THE SITE, AND ALL CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES OR UPDATES TO THE SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT, ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RANCOURT & CO. SHOECRAFTERS, INC, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of rancourtandcompany.com
All matters relating to your access to, and use of, rancourtandcompany.com shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of Maine. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of rancourtandcompany.com shall be instituted in a state or federal court in Portland or Washington County, Maine. You and Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters, Inc agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.